Cautious optimism best describes how we feel after hearing about the latest product Aldi is planning to launch.
The supermarket giant is taking on the action camera market with a $69.99 variant from Bauhn.
We’ll be honest: we’ve never heard of Bauhn, the price is suspiciously low and their slogan of “Effortless Technology” doesn’t fill us with confidence.
Nevertheless, it won’t set you back too much more than a slab of premium beer and could be just as fun. The product will launch on Saturday, January 27 as part of Aldi’s daily special buys.
Check out the features Bauhn’s bargain-bin beauty is boasting:
- 4K Ultra HD recording
- 2.0“ TFT-LCD display
- Underwater housing for recording for a depth up to 30m
- Exchangeable Li-Ion battery for up to 90 minutes of video recording (without WiFi)
- Micro HDMI and micro USB port · 125° wide angle lens
- Mini USB port, USB 2.0
- Native Video Resolution Full HD
- WiFi for the life image transmission onto the Smartphone
- Support up to 64G Micro SD card
- Slow motion function
At $69.99, those features are straight fire. Let’s be honest, it probably won’t even come close to cameras from premium brands like GoPro, but it might just offer enough bang for your buck.
That’s not all: Aldi will also be bringing in some earbuds and sports armbands from Bauhn, plus a “body analysis smart scale” – whatever the hell that is.