A Reddit post from last October has proved very accurate in predicting the events of Season 7 of Game of Thrones.
Posting from a now-deleted account called “awayforthelads”, the Redditor in question must have somehow had access to the scripts.
We’ll present you with the proof and then if you stick around, we’ll spoil the finale for you. If you want to discover the boning status of Jon and Dany, we can spoil that for you too.
Great sacrifices were made in writing this article, as I (probably) inadvertently ruined the finale for myself.
*SPOILERS EPISODES 1 – 6*
Although the original account has been deleted, we have screenshots of awayforthelads’ posts and other Redditors have summarised the predictions.
Here are some of the things that awayforthelads got right about episodes 1 to 6:
- Dany is going to Dragonstone first. This will happen at the end of E01.
- Arya has become a “killing machine”. The first thing she does this season is kill all the remaining Frey sons. After that, she heads towards Winterfell and she encounters Nymeria. She arrives at WF at E04.
- Dorne will be out of the way in the first couple of episodes.
- Jon meets Dany at E03.He is summoned by Dany, who wants him to bend the knee, but he refuses. Eventually, with the help of Tyrion, he swears fealty in exchange her help in the war against the WW.
- Olenna acknowledges that she was behind Joffrey’s assassination.
- Jorah won’t have any scenes at Essos next season. He will be cured at Oldtown by Sam. He reunites with Dany by E05.
- Gendry is at KL making weapons. Davos makes a joke about him “still rowing” when he sees him.
- Benjen will make a cameo.
- Dany burns a few rulers who didn’t bend the knee, including the Tarlys. Tyrion and Varys worry about her turning into a Mad Queen.
- Viserion will die at the Night’s King hand and be reborn as his mount.
OK, are you convinced? What follows are awayforthelads’ predictions for the Season 7 finale.
You might also like
The ultimate Game of Thrones Season 7 guide for Australians
When and how: Watch Game of Thrones Season 7 in Australia
Some of the craziest Game of Thrones fan theories involve a Sam-Dany love story
Are you sure?
Do you really want to do this?
Just walk away!
Still here? OK fine. You’ve only got yourself to blame.
*SPOILERS EPISODE 7*
Here are the key spoilers from other Redditors’ summaries of awayforthelads’ finale predictions:
- Jon and Dany will get it on.
- Bran helps Sansa realise she is being played by Littlefinger. Sansa has Littlefinger executed by Arya.
- The Night King will destroy The Wall with the help of his new Dragon wight.
- Jon won’t find out his true parentage this season, but Bran and Sam will piece it together. Jon’s real name is Aegon.
- Jon brings a wight to Kings Landing (they have a temporary truce with the Lannisters) and shows it to Cersei at the Dragonpit. Cersei agrees to united their armies against the White Walkers, but at the last moment she betrays them and doesn’t’ send troops. Jamie is angry and leaves her, riding North to join the armies.
- Cersei awakens in a bed soaked with blood. The general consensus is that she miscarries.
Well, there you have it. We’ll have to wait until next Monday to know for sure how many of these are accurate, but based on the Redditor’s track record, it is looking very, very likely.