Featured Image for Watch as driver captures road rage turned into sweet, beautiful karma
Web

Watch as driver captures road rage turned into sweet, beautiful karma

This could be our favourite moment in sweet, sweet karma – perhaps even of all time.

The story is: A lady (who is filming the whole thing) is being tailgated by this guy, on a slippery wet road. The guy rages in his truck, finally shooting past and popping a huge middle finger. He really unleashes all the middle finger he can give. You can see the strain on his face as he vigorously delivers.

Note that he’s forgetting to watch the road.

And it unfolds from there. (Jump ahead to around the 1:00 mark – or watch the gif below)

Edit: There’s been plenty of conjecture about what’s going on here. RIP, my inbox. So here’s the unedited word from the driver herself:

This happened to me on SR 41 in Tampa on Monday March 24th. This pathetic excuse for a human being tailgated me for about three minutes. After about a minute, and me shaking my head, I pulled out my phone and started recording. I couldn’t move over because there were trucks in the right lane, and I sure as heck wasn’t going to speed on a rainy day with the roads being as slick as they were. I was turning left in about a half-mile when this happened. Now bear in mind, that this guy had already passed a truck in a left turn lane, was tailgating and driving recklessly on a wet slick road, wasn’t paying attention, and all in all being an ignorant ass. In the full video which I will post later, you will be able to see that not once was I mouthing off, I never brake checked him, and in fact until I watched the video after the accident I didn’t even know he shot a bird at me because I wasn’t looking at him at all, I was paying attention to the road while holding the phone up with my right hand. I’ve recorded circumstances like this before, catching idiots doing stupid things, but never ever had this happen.

He initially fled the scene of the accident, but thanks to this video he has been caught and charged. Massive props to the Sheriffs Department and most especially the Highway Patrol who responded to the scene. This moron could have easily killed somebody with his moronic behavior, and my laughing at the end would have been replaced with tears. Needless to say though, I’ve never seen Karma come back so fast.

*****EDITED TO ADD******

WOW! I go to work and come back to over 600,000 views and find it’s on theblaze.com and various other media sites. I’m flabbergasted! (love for an excuse to use that word). I’m also a little saddened and shocked at some of the comments. After the umpteenth death threat and billionth time being called a (redacted) add whatever epithet you want… I am extremely amazed at how rude people are.

Apparently people seem to think that they were right there and know exactly what was going on. You weren’t there. You don’t know what happened other than the truth that I told. And apparently I did get a comment of someone who he had done this same thing to… thank you for that.

I appreciate the comments of those that, even if they disagreed with me, they didn’t resort to bullyish behavior, they stated their response and I respect that. To those that wished death upon me, I truly hope your life isn’t as miserable as you portray online. Because some of those comments belong to people that belong in a psycho ward, or at the very least, anger management/therapy. They were rude, uncalled for, and just downright mean.

About the author

Tristan has a passion for tech, digital life, sport, and being told he looks better in person.

WRITE FOR TECHLY!

Consider yourself a writing wiz who knows all things tech and culture? Why not write for Techly? We're always looking for new writers who are passionate, well-informed, and want to show off their skills. If you'd like to write for Techly, head on over to our contact form!

Comment (30)

reader

Friday 28 March 2014

The guy’s a jerky, no doubt about it, but why isn’t the driver in the right lane anyway instead of hanging around in the passing lane — no matter what her speed?

Tristan Rayner

Friday 28 March 2014

She says it’s because she’s going left up ahead. We suspect there are no good drivers in this video.

Mack

Saturday 29 March 2014

Two lane roads, especially with left turn lanes, don’t have what is considered a “passing lane” therefor you can cruise at speed all day if you please. Of course, if you have the opportunity to move over for apparent douchebags like this you do, but she mentions she couldn’t and also she was planning on turning left within a half mile.

Tim Donk

Saturday 29 March 2014

Left lane cruiser filming the people she pisses off. Understand that anger can be cumulative and eventually be expressed in rage. Expect more of this as the numbers of inconsiderate jerks that stumble through their day, oblivious to the fact that their actions effect others, is ever growing. Left lane cruisers, people who cause parking lot congestion by insisting on backing into a spot, parking in front of store entrances, loud thumping stereos etc. etc.

Mr

Sunday 30 March 2014

Was that English? Our school system is the real accident here.

katrinka

Thursday 29 January 2015

Stay the hell out of the passing lane. You antagonized the truck. You are more of an idiot than him. If he had killed someone because of your bullying YOU WOULD BE JUST AS GULTY as him. Learn to drive and keep your f+#king nose out of other drivers buisness.

Ruth Porter

Friday 28 March 2014

Sometimes (not often) Karma is sooooo very sweet.

AWAYDAY

Friday 28 March 2014

Sorry but she’s horrible, he’s horrible. I don’t care who is right who iswrong – they are both nasty.

Jeannette

Friday 28 March 2014

She’s not much better herself filming like that while driving

Kat

Friday 28 March 2014

It’s obviously not yet illegal to use your mobile phone whilst driving where this happened. Not the safest, smartest driver to be focused on her ‘movie’, doing a complete 180* turn in the driver’s seat to capture his tailgating on a wet road. They’re both as stupid as each other. Karma doesn’t work like this. She shouldn’t be taking so much pleasure in his accident, regardless of what a wanker he may be. He doesn’t appear to be wearing a seatbelt and could’ve been severely injured (not that he isn’t responsible for that). Very lucky he didn’t hurt anyone else (hopefully no passengers).

Tyco

Saturday 29 March 2014

I wish people would read the text before replying to stuff!
      Read it properly then think again!

Clubbie

Friday 28 March 2014

I am amazed that she pulled over after the accident happened. He was pissed off before the accident; and people have guns in FL. I would have kept on driving and gotten away from the crazy man.

sean

Friday 28 March 2014

Congratulations on the popular video. Your still as big of a dumbass driver as the guy in the truck.

Chris

Sunday 15 June 2014

Read the text first. She was looking ahead at the road and simply holding her phone with her right hand. Yes, it is best to have both hands on the wheel, but not a huge danger and certainly nothing like what this jerk was doing.

jenny

Friday 28 March 2014

she ‘s a moron too ! driving and filming in the same time,it could be her too ,and she could kill someone else on the road!!!i’m totally agree with kat.

infused08

Saturday 29 March 2014

Regardless of what speed she’s going, the far left is for passing. She’s just as bad as him for blocking him in. And, why is she recording this at a full 180 turn? I hate people who ride the left and aren’t going fast!

common sense

Saturday 29 March 2014

I highly doubt she was turned around 180 degrees while filming. She was using a cell phone which likely can be turned around to film……just think about it a little more maybe?

Chris

Sunday 15 June 2014

Read the text, first. It was a two lane road, so there was no “fast lane.” There was a truck on her right for most of the way so she couldn’t get over. He was tailgating her. She kept her eyes on the road the whole time, and simply held her camera phone with her right hand.

cici

Saturday 29 March 2014

You guys obviously don’t know how to READ. She said there were semi trucks in the right lane & she was turning left in a half mile. She also said she didn’t even know he flopped her off until she watched her video because she was watching the road, NOT her phone. Before you go attacking her, you should seriously learn to read!!!

Somedude

Saturday 29 March 2014

I love how she HAS to show the speed she is traveling at. So that she can add righteous indignation in her range of dick moves. So what you’re going the speed limit? You are STILL in the left lane, which is reserved for FASTER traffic, regardless of the speed limit.
    Get out of the left lane unless you are passing someone. How hard is that? How much simpler can a rule get? Yes people are going to rage when you break road rules like that. Not road LAWS, which are made by the authorities, but road RULES, which are made by human beings to accommodate those that stiff and unrealistic laws leave out.

Mike

Saturday 29 March 2014

To the fountains of intellect and reading comprehension in the comments saying she’s just as bad for filming while driving rather than paying attention to the road: she clearly stated that she kept her eyes forward while filming, which is why she didn’t notice he had flipped her off partway through.

Mac

Saturday 29 March 2014

This could have been avoided like many accidents if you the driver who is not passing gets in the right hand lane and allows faster drivers to pass. By not moving over you are enabling this person to drive more reckless than they already were. Yes this guy is an idiot but you’re an idiot for not moving over.

IF YOU ARE NOT PASSING GET IN THE RIGHT HAND LANE AND ALLOW FASTER DRIVERS PASS IN THE LEFT LANE. THERE ARE SIGNS ON THE HIGHWAY AND IT’S ONE OF THE FIRST THINGS THEY TEACH YOU IN DRIVINNG SCHOOL.

Chris

Sunday 15 June 2014

Read the text. She couldn’t get over because there was a truck next to her on the right most of the way and she needed to turn left. Also, there is no law that says you have to get over to allow someone to speed. Finally, once the right lane cleared, he could pass safely on the right (which is perfectly acceptable). Instead, he acted like a fool and got into an accident, which served him right for being an idiot.

Knowshowtoread

Saturday 29 March 2014

If any of the commenters bothered to actually watch the full video carefully you would have seen that she was in fact passing slower traffic that was in the right lane. Also if you bothered to read her description you would have known that she was turning left up ahead and therefore should have been in that lane. Lastly, unless you’re a complete moron you can figure out that a phone can be rotated in your hand to point behind you without requiring the driver to turn 180 degrees in her seat. Yes, operating an electronic device while driving divides your attention and is distracting/dangerous but clearly the guy was the worse driver in this video.

Just me

Sunday 30 March 2014

People in trucks usually drive like assholes why is that? Tail gathers are ALWAYS in the wrong!!!

Cash

Thursday 29 January 2015

Great video! You will always get abuse and death threats as long as you are a woman in the spotlight. Ignore those boys, they’ve been taught their opinion matters.

Bryan

Thursday 29 January 2015

Yep, when you don’t get out of the passing (left) lane, you cause rage and accidents just like this.

Cub

Thursday 29 January 2015

The only part where she was wrong, is once he passed her on the right and she accelerated. No one seems to mention that passage.

Anyway, we call those morons bogans in Australia, here it’s a full redneck in a pickup truck. I’d have broken/checked him like crazy. I can understand tailgating a bit when someone is doing 20 km/h below the speed limit, but for driving at normal speed it’s just stupid. I mean just look at that moron, he’s clearly not right in his head anyway… People like that shouldn’t be allowed to breed, let alone drive.

Jin

Friday 30 January 2015

I think people should read the whole article first and not just watch the video to know what really happened.

pete

Wednesday 9 September 2015

She is the cause probably doing under speed limits as she keeps saying the road was wet. Learn how to drive and get better tyres and get out of left hand lane you stupid bitch. If i was the cops i would do her for impeding traffic and dangerous driving ( using mobile driving one handed) you cant actually prove his speed.
    what i bitch